Goals & Objectives
To design a new church for St. Jude Parish in conjunction with a site development plan that accommodates the new church and its required parking while retaining the school, rectory and picnic grove.
To develop a church with the input of St. Jude Parish that:
- Will seat over 800 parishioners in one unified space that supports the Liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church and the Diocese of Scranton.
- Can be expanded in the future to accommodate up to 1200 parishioners.
- Reflects the spirituality, traditions, and aesthetics that are unique to St. Jude Parish.
- Projects an image easily recognizable as a traditional Catholic church.
- Incorporates sacred art, stained glass, and furnishings from other recently closed Diocesan churches.
- Contextually harmonizes with the existing facilities and the residential character of Mountain Top.
To develop site plans that:
- Allows for easy vehicular (cars/school buses) and pedestrian access
- Accommodates parking for 260+ cars, expandable to 400 cars, with clear traffic patterns.
- Provides clear and safe walking areas between the parking lots and the church.
- Incorporates landscaping, lighting, storm water management, and the potential for outdoor sacred space that may include Stations of the Cross, Blessed Mother Sanctuary, St. Jude statuary, etc.
- Allows for bus and other vehicular drop-off and pick-up as well as outdoor play areas for St. Jude School.
- Allows for simultaneous events to take place at the church and the school while maintaining adequate traffic flow and parking.
Retains as much of the picnic grove as possible.