If you are interested in any Parish Ministry, please call the Parish Office (570) 474-6315.
Art and Environment
This committee has the ministry of preparing our worship space for the various feasts of the year. Liturgical symbols, artwork and floral design lend beauty to the house of God and those who gather for worship.
The pastor of a parish shares with the Bishop of the Diocese the responsibility to teach, govern and sanctify for the sake of building up the kingdom of God. Bishops and pastors do not do this alone. By virtue of Baptism, every Catholic has the responsibility to work to build up the Mystical Body of Christ. For the good of the parish and the Church as a whole, pastors need to consult members of the parish regarding the well-being of the parish. The Pastoral Council is the body designated for this purpose.
The Pastoral Council has several specific functions:
- To write a Mission Statement for the parish based on the Diocesan Mission Statement
- To provide an opportunity for people in all vocations to collaborate for the good of the parish
- To vision and plan for the overall spiritual growth of the parish
- To make recommendations to the pastor based on its findings
If you are interested in joining the Pastoral Council, please contact the Parish Office, (570) 474-6315.
The purpose of the Finance Council is to assist the pastor in managing the parish finances and business functions in accordance with church and civil law. To accomplish this task the Council monitors the parish’s financial activities in accordance with the responsibilities set forth by the Diocese of Scranton.
- Continual review of current business operations
- Auditing of parish funds
- Reviewing and monitoring of annual budget
- Insuring all parish ministries have funds available to complete their mission
- Preparing financial documents for parish review
If you are interested in the Finance Council, please contact Tracie Machalick at the Parish Center, (570) 474-6315, ext. 223.